Holiday Accident Claims

Have you been injured on a holiday abroad?

If you were injured while on holiday, and it wasn't your fault, you could be entitled to compensation!

No Win No Fee

We are an experienced solicitor firm with a dedicated holiday claims team waiting to help you with your injury claim. We operate on a 'no win no fee' basis, with no upfront costs, so there really is nothing to lose!

You Can Claim Compensation for Injuries Obtained While at A Hotel, On A Cruise Ship, Boat, Plane or On A Beach

Road Traffic Accidents, whether you were the passenger, driver or pedestrian.

Slips, trips & falls.
Injuries caused during sporting activities e.g. Skiing/water sports.
Injuries obtained during flights, transfers, ferries, etc.

Bed bugs.

Scalds & burns (e.g. from hot drinks being spilt on you).

Approximately 1 million people are injured on holiday each year, which amounts to a staggering number of ruined holiday days and an unquantifiable amount of missed enjoyment.

Some of these accidents are the result of participation in extreme sports. For example, if you are planning on skiing or snowboarding, parachuting or paragliding then it as advisable that you are aware of the risks beforehand and ensure you have adequate insurance before you travel.

The Nature of Holiday Accident Claims

Many other injures are the result of accidents incurred whilst in the hotel, hire car, on an excursion or simply out shopping. These accidents are often caused through a missing duty of care by a third party. This could be the hotel or excursion management, vehicle rental company or even an airline operator. Whoever or whatever is the root cause of your accident you will no doubt have been through a traumatic experience. If you were abroad when the accident occurred, then a lack of local knowledge and a language barrier will often make this stressful process much harder to navigate.

If you booked a package holiday via a tour-operator, you will be covered by special regulations and your operator should be able to assist you easily with the process of making a claim. However, if you were an independent traveller i.e. if you organised your holiday yourself, booking your own flights, accommodation and transfers separately then you won’t be able to rely on a holiday representative to manage your complaint. In this instance you will need to use the services of a solicitor to make a holiday accident injury claim.

If you feel you have had an accident on holiday that was not your fault, then you may be liable for holiday accident compensation. Our travel lawyers here at Sarah Waddington Solicitors have years of experience handling holiday accident abroad claims, so you can rely on us for effective legal help no matter what the circumstances of your claim.

It is advisable to start your holiday accident claim as soon as you can after returning home. This will ensure both the details of the accident are still fresh in your mind and you are well within the strict three-year time limit on making a holiday accident claim.

What to Do if You Are Involved in An Accident Abroad

If you are involved in an accident while on holiday, ensure you report the accident to the holiday representative or the hotel or excursion manager as soon as possible. Asking for an official complaint form and getting this signed by either the hotel staff or your tour representative will act as proof that your accident occurred and will confirm the dates and location.

You should also seek medical treatment immediately, keeping any receipts for medical intervention and expenses i.e. taxi journeys or medication. Collate as much information as you can about the accident, take photographs and ask other guests if they would be happy to provide a written witness statement for you. This will all aid the validity of your claim on your return home.

What can you expect from Sarah Waddington Solicitors?

    We will never take on a client if we do not feel they have a valid case.
    Full cancellation rights
    No win no fee
    No hidden costs
    We will handle the entire process on your behalf
    Unlike claims agencies, we are qualified to directly issue legal proceedings to fight for your compensation if necessary

If you are unable to gain a satisfactory response from your tour operator or you need to make an independent claim, then using a solicitor is recommended. This is because your claim will be subject to the law of that country in which the accident occurred; therefore, expert legal knowledge will be required. Here at Sarah Waddington Solicitors, we will provide you with the confidence that the representation you have chosen will be able to successfully liaise on your behalf with insurance companies and negotiate with the defendants. We will always aim to recover the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and personal circumstances.

How much compensation could you be owed?

The amount of compensation you could be entitled to will depend upon the severity of the injury and can range from a thousand pounds to over a million.

If your injury also led to extra expenses you could be entitled to 'special damages'. This includes things like:

Loss of earnings

Loss or damage of posessions

Medical treatment costs

Ongoing care and rehabilitation

Contact Us Today

Contact Sarah Waddington Solicitors today by calling us direct on 01924 675039 or emailing us on Alternatively Send us a message and one of our professional team will be in touch with you shortly.

Remember, there is no obligation to instruct us so contact us now for your free consultation.

Translate »